Welcome To The Port Royal Yacht Club
We are a friendly, casual, fun-loving group devoted to both social and boating activities.
PRYC Purpose and Corinthian Spirit
Purpose: PRYC declares as its purpose the promotion of yachting and its traditions, responsible seamanship, camaraderie, and the Corinthian Spirit among its members and the surrounding community.
Corinthian Spirit: The Corinthian Spirit is the code through which we judge our actions and gauge our decisions on the racecourse and in our club activities. Sailing is a self-governed sport where each competitor must possess a high moral standard and personal code of ethics in order to have a fair race. The Corinthian spirit is a law greater than ourselves that maintains the underlying foundation for sailboat racing as well as the way in which competitors choose to live their lives.
PRYC Upcoming Events and News
Find the latest Scuttlebutt Newsletter here.
Find the PRYC Calendar of Events here.
Due to COVID 19 protocols, in person events have been restricted. We had some innovative events over the past year and look forward to re-opening the club to events in 2021 when circumstances permit.
- June 11-13, 2021 – Isthmus Cruise
- June 25-27, 2021 – Cabrillo Yacht Club Cruise
- July 4, 2021 – Independence Day – Dinghy Parade & Deco Contest
- July 16 – 18, 2021 – California Yacht Club Cruise
- August 14, 2021 – Summer Bash/Home Port Regatta Fundraiser
- August 20-22, 2021 – Long Beach Yacht club Cruise
- September 5, 2021 – Dinghy Crawl II
- September 18, 2021 – California Coastal Clean Up
- October 2, 2021 – Oktoberfest Event
- October 23, 2021 – Halloween Party
- TBD – Fall Cruise to the Two Harbors Isthmus
- November 25, 2021 – Orphans Thanksgiving
- December 4, 2021 – Election and Tree Decorating
- December 24, 2021 – Christmas Eve Party
- December 31, 2021 – New Years Eve Party
Past Events This Year
- June 5, 2021 – Plastic Classic Regatta
- May 30, 2021 – Dinghy Crawl
- May 2, 2021 – Cinco de Mayo and Celebration of Sea Fundraiser
- April 24, 2021 – Opening Day on the Water.
- March 14, 2021 – Saint Patrick’s Day – Irish Photo Safari – walk the Marina or International Boardwalk with challenges for you to photograph along the way. Drive through menu of Shepard’s Pie, Corn Beef and Cabbage and Guiness/Harp Lager.
- February 7, 2021 – Super Bowl – in keeping with tradition, we will have a chili cook-off contest. Drive through pick up of chili samples and drinks. Watch the game at home, join us at half time on zoom.
- On January 9, 2021 we celebrated with a virtual Installation of Officers and drive-up pickup of fajitas and margaritas. Fun times by all and deep appreciation for our outgoing and incoming officers.