Annual Summer Bash Fundraiser
Home Port Regatta Race
August 24th, 2019, 4-10pm
SUMMER BASH EVENT TICKETS
Purchase tickets prior to the event to save time in line! Advance tickets may be purchased via PayPal (a $3 transaction fee is included in the link below). Cash or checks may be left in the Club register or mailed in.
On Saturday, August 24, 2019 the Port Royal Yacht Club is hosting its annual “PRYC/Fundraiser” with delicious BBQ, beverages, music and dancing. The theme this year is Mermaids & Pirates, so have fun and come dressed in the theme of the night! In addition, we will be hosting the Home Port Regatta Race open to any make, model, or year sailboat.
ORGANIZATIONS WE’RE SUPPORTING THIS YEAR
City 2 Sea and Marine Animal Rescue are the two organizations we will be supporting this year through our fundraising auctions at this event. The City 2 Sea organization uses the ocean to provide young people with real-life challenges that develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to live healthy, productive lives. They focus on teaching science through learning about the sea/ocean. Marine Animal Rescue Specialists are on the beaches of Los Angeles every day, rain or shine, responding to calls from citizens and agencies throughout LA County. They have conducted over 6,500 marine mammal and bird rescues in Southern California, including whales entangled in gill netting, sea lions suffering from domoic acid poisoning, stranded dolphins, emaciated sea lions, elephant and harbor seals, and risky rescues performed on jetties and within flood control channels. For more information on these organizations, please visit www.city2seascience.com/City2Sea and www.marspecialists.org.
9-11am Home Port Regatta Registration
1-3pm Snacks for Sailors
4pm Summer Bash begins!
4pm-6pm Island BBQ Dinner (band begins playing, plays until 10 pm.)
4pm Silent Auction & Raffle Viewing
430pm Race Awards
530pm Words from our Charitable Organizations
600pm Dessert & Coffee
730pm Live Auction begins, Silent Auction closes
AUCTION ITEM PREVIEW
We already have many exciting auction items that have been donated to raise money for these great organizations! Check back regularly, as items are being added every day. Some of them include…
- L.A. Kings Tickets: two VIP tickets and a $50 Harley Davidson gift card (generously donated by Wally & Kitti Hammons).
- Portofino Hotel Experience: one-night hotel accommodation and dinner/beverage for two (retail value $644.58).
- The Oaks Club at Valencia: four rounds golf, two golf carts and a box of balls (retail value $500).
- Lobster Fishing: four hours loop netting lobster adventure including BBQ on the dock before, drinks and bait. Good for 2 to 3 people (generously donated by the Downey Brothers).
- Catalina Sightseeing Excursion: a three-hour guided tour to some of the most interesting and spectacular places around the island (generously donated by John Council/Marine Animal Rescue Specialists).
- Long Beach Harbor Cruise: three-hour guided harbor cruise in the LA / Long Beach Harbor to see all the local sites and the Queen Mary too (generously donated by Captain John Sakacs/City2Sea).
- Sailing Lessons: one sailing session for two people or two sailing sessions for one person with L.A. Sailing. Sails can be scheduled in Marina del Rey (generously donated by Kevin Herink).
- Dive N’ Surf: a special experience to be revealed at the event.
- Living Trust Package (generously donated by David Sarazen; $900 value).
- Port Royal Marina: one-month slip fee of any size for new or existing tenants + other goodies (up to $1500 value).
- King Harbor Marina: one-month slip fee, accommodating a vessel 28′ in length (new customers only; retail value $400).
- Port Royal Yacht Club Membership: one-year club membership (members-only; $500 value).
- Honey Bucket: four months pump out (retail value $300).
- Spade Skin Care: several gifts, including a Picoway Resolve Laser Facial Treatment; Laser Hair Removal Large area; Laser Hair Removal Medium area; Advanced Laser Photo Rejuvenation on Face (retail value $3,340).
- Beauty Treats: two facials and full set eyelash extensions (retail value $445).
- Bliss Nail Lounge: several gifts of services and products (retail value $350).
- Allomi Yoga: one-month free membership (retail value $319).
- Charis Rey Fitness: three personal training sessions (retail value $240).
- Allomi Yoga: one-month free membership (retail value $319).
- Havana Club Especial Rum and Cigar package (generously donated by Mark Friedman).
- 50/50 Cash Raffle
- 20+ Silent Auction Baskets
- 10+ Double Secret Raffle Items, where you place your raffle ticket(s) in a basket for a chance to win the item.
- …and many, many more items related to boating, health/fitness/beauty, and local restaurants!
There’s Still Time to Donate!
Would you still like to donate to our auction? It’s a great way to promote your business in our community. We solicit your help with gift certificates, merchandise and/or services such as:
- Food and Beverage
- Boating Equipment, Apparel or Accessories
- Hotel Accommodations, Golf or Vacation Packages
- Massage, Spa, Health and Fitness Services
- Beauty Service, i.e. Haircut, Perm, Manicure, Pedicure, etc.
- Gift Baskets of Wine, Food or Other Merchandise
- Travel Packages
You may also make a cash donation by PayPal (link below), check or cash. Please send check donations or gift certificates to:
Attention: Summer Bash Committee
Port Royal Yacht Club
555 N. Harbor Drive
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Cash Donations via PayPal
With generous people like you, we can make a difference for our marine animals and disadvantaged inner-city students, by offering them the opportunity and access to a marine education experience that will forever change and enhance their lives.
City 2 Sea (Federal ID# 02–073-1702) and Marine Animal Rescue (Federal ID # 27-420305) are 501c (3) tax-exempt public-benefit corporations. All people associated with this fundraiser are non-paid volunteers. All donations made to City 2 Sea and Marine Animal Rescue are tax-deductible. Thank you for your interest and support in this fundraiser. For further information, please call Jodi Masters @ 424-241-4054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.